Student Administration Team Leader
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Faculty of Business and Economics is currently seeking a suitably qualified Student Administration Team Leader. The Student Administration team is responsible for all student administration activities and processes and plays a key role in the development and implementation of associated strategy. Reporting to the Manager, Student Administration you will:
- Coordinate the workflow and supervise a faculty student administration team.
- Provide advice and support to students and staff on faculty degrees, student administration systems, regulations, policies, procedures and processes.
- Recruit and coordinate ongoing training of casual staff for support during peak period.
- Review and process student lifecycle transactions and related student administration activities and lead the development of quality improvements.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- Demonstrated understanding of student administration processes and degree structures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people using tact, discretion and confidentiality where necessary
- Demonstrated experience of working in student administration and providing complex advice and support to students
- Implementing business and process improvement within a complex environment.
- Supervising and/or coordinating staff workflows.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $87,699 - $95,084 p.a. (Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, fixed term (13 month parental leave cover). Ability to work shift hours is desired.
Closing Date: 11:55pm, Thursday 15 December 2016
Specific Role Enquiries: Neta Keyes via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alexander Righton on email@example.com
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance