Manager Student Experience
- Dynamic and energetic team
- Fixed Term contract until Dec 2017, based at Bundoora
- $103,198 - $109,517 plus superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2015), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In this role
The Manager, Student Experience is a pivotal role in leading cultural change, continuous service improvement and evaluating service effectiveness across the student experience teams. This position is a senior member of the Executive Director, Student Services and Administration portfolio and is expected to actively contribute to portfolio wide strategies and projects.
In this role you will lead a team which has responsibility for the provision of high quality customer service across campuses, with the objective of providing first point of contact and referral services to University clients, particularly current students, whether this is by virtual services or face-to-face.
You will undertake a variety of functions which are specified in the annual performance plan. Multi campus travel and working outside the traditional span of hours may be required.
To succeed, you will possess:
- A degree with extensive management expertise and supporting experience;
- Experience and understanding of the processes involved in the administration of large scale events and administrative process delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a complex environment and balance a range of multiple simultaneous demands, priorities, tight timelines and expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead other staff and establish and maintain sound working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change within teams and to drive performance outcomes from staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative strategies, policies and practices in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to negotiate, motivate and influence others.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiations skills and a commitment to professional customer service.
- A valid Victorian Driver's License as travel to regional campuses is required.
Closing date: Wednesday 13th December 2016
Position Enquiries: Melanie Duncan: Deputy Director, Student Life TEL: (03) 9479 2589
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Rosemary Shaker on +61 (03) 9479 6081.