Postdoctoral Fellow in Operator Algebras and Quantum Topology
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Applications are sought for a Postdoctoral Fellow position in Operator Algebras and Quantum Topology in UNSW Australia’s School of Mathematics and Statistics.
About the role
- A$86K – A$93K per year (plus up to 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed term of up to 2 years and available for commencement on 1 July 2017
- Full-time position
- No teaching duty is required
This position is funded by an Australian Research Council Discovery Project Grant. The successful applicant will play a leading role within a collaborative research team led by Dr Pinhas Grossman including researchers from:
- the School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW;
- the School of Mathematics at Cardiff University, Wales;
- the Department of Mathematics at Kyoto University.
The core of this project is the classification of subfactors and related tensor categories, focusing on the quadratic fusion categories and their quantum doubles.
Candidates with strong qualifications in operator algebras, quantum topology, and related fields of research are encouraged to apply and will be carefully considered.
Applicants should have a PhD degree or be close to completing one.
It is expected that the Postdoctoral Fellow will publish in leading international journals.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. Applicants should systematically address the selection criteria in their application.
Having read the documentation, please direct any enquiries to:
Dr Pinhas Grossman
Applications close: 3 February 2017