Technical Officer - Microprobe Engineer
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 7
Salary package: $83,223 - $87,570 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Work with brand new state of the art equipment
- Opportunity to establish the use of the new JEOL JXA8503F Field Emission Gun electronprobe microanalyser within ANU
- Friendly and supportive work environment
The Centre for Advanced Microscopy (CAM) is looking for a dynamic microprobe engineer with extensive experience in the use of electronprobe microanalysers (EPMAs) to provie technical support and research advice to academic and professional staff and students from a wide range of disciplines across the ANU and external users of CAM. The position will be responsible for user training, methods development and equipment management and maintenance on the new JEOL KXA8503F Field Emission gun electronprobe microanalyser (EPMA) at CAM. Additional experience with general SEM and TEM operation will be a distinct advantage.
For further information for this position, please contact Dr Melanie Rug- T: 02 6125 7644, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Closing date: Friday 16 December 2016.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.