Associate Director in Organisational Capability
- Key leadership role
- Support strategic and operational development, and performance objectives
- 3-5 year appointment negotiable at time of appointment (commencing in January 2017)
- Salary range: Level 10 grade 3 $142,391 - $146,861 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight Australian research-intensive Australian universities and ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Associate Director, Organisational Capability is a key leadership role which will assess he priority learning and development needs of academic and professional staff in the University, and ensure that these are articulated and addressed in ways which explicitly support the organisation's strategic and operational aims and objectives.
The appointee will facilitate the development of an evolving and dynamic agenda and programme which is demonstrably connected with core planning and performance frameworks and which links explicitly to the delivery of the University's academic mission.
You will play a significant role in the delivery of the University's People Strategy and steer the work of the HR Department to maximise individual and organisational effectiveness and performance.
A demonstrated history of leading the development and training functions within complex medium to large organisations, you'll have developed and coached a team of professionals to deliver outstanding results. Key to success will be a background in working with managers and leaders to develop successful developmental programs. Experience building a culture of service orientation as well as innovation would be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Degree qualification or equivalent competency
- Extensive relevant professional and leadership experience, gained either in Universities or comparable large and complex organisations.
- Influential skills in championing organisational vision and aims, and in explaining and promoting organisational values.
- Track record of leading processes to define development needs which mirror business needs, culture and ways of working.
- Track record of delivering development programmes and initiatives which add value.
- Significant ability to connect strategy with operational needs and imperatives in an informed and flexible way.
- Skills in working closely and empathetically with a range of business and service leaders from disparate backgrounds and interests.
- Skills in making the business case for development initiatives, demonstrating value and return on investment.
- Proven record of successfully leading a team of staff and working collaboratively with multi professional teams to achieve sector leading results of consistent high quality.
- Strong ability to solve problems in analytical, lateral and resourceful ways.
- Superior interpersonal and written skills with proven ability to negotiate, persuade and influence effectively.
Closing date: Thursday 8 December 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
The appointments will be fixed term for up to five years, with a commencement date in January 2017.
Please send your application as an email attachment to Ms Paula Langley, email@example.com quoting Associate Director, Organisational Capability in the subject line.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.