Associate Director in Talent
| REF: 498200 |
- Devise, agree and implement sector leading recruitment and remuneration strategies to support academic goals
- 3-5 year appointment negotiable at time of appointment (commencing in January 2017 )
- Salary range: Level 10 grade 3 $142,391 - $146,861 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight Australian research-intensive Australian universities and ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Associate Director, Talent is a key leadership role which will determine the establishment and development of a sector leading recruitment practices and services for the University, in order to attract, and retain the best staff in a systematic, proactive and highly professional way.
The appointee is also responsible for proposing and implementing sector leading reward frameworks, designed to recognise and incentivise achievement in ways which embrace the academic culture and values of the organisation and support the academic mission.
You will play a significant role in the delivery of the University’s People Strategy, the development of appropriate frameworks for succession and talent management, and steer the work of the HR Department to maximise organisational effectiveness and performance.
A demonstrated history of leading the talent, recruitment and reward functions within complex medium to large organisations, you’ll have developed and coached a team of professionals to deliver outstanding results. Key to success will be a background in building and implementing organisation wide recruitment strategies and experience building a culture of service orientation as well as innovation would be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Degree qualification or equivalent competency
- Extensive relevant professional and leadership experience, gained either in Universities or comparable large and complex organisations
- Influential skills in championing organisational vision and aims, and in explaining and promoting organisational values.
- Track record of defining innovative and successful approaches to recruitment and reward which are perceived as supportive of organisational culture, aims and ambitions, and which are highly effective and competitive.
- Track record of providing services to support diverse recruitment needs activities in a flexible and customer oriented way.
- Significant ability to connect people strategy with operational needs and imperatives in an informed and flexible way, including the development of appropriate frameworks for succession planning and talent management
- Skills in working closely and empathetically with a range of business and service leaders from disparate backgrounds and interests.
- Skills in making the business case for initiatives, demonstrating value and return on investment.
- Proven record of successfully leading a team of staff and working collaboratively with multi professional teams to achieve sector leading results of consistent high quality.
- Strong ability to solve problems in analytical, lateral and resourceful ways.
- Superior interpersonal and written skills with proven ability to negotiate, persuade and influence effectively.
Closing date: Thursday 8 December 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
The appointments will be fixed term for up to five years, with a commencement date in January 2017.
Please send your application as an email attachment to Ms Paula Langley, email@example.com quoting Associate Director, Talent in the subject line.
Please refer to the link below for the position description containing the key responsibilities and selection criteria: 315331
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.