Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Equine Surgery
The School of Veterinary Science
The School of Veterinary Science has a rich history having been founded in 1936 and has a reputation for graduating self-reliant, independent and highly capable veterinarians with plenty of initiative and drive. The School has high quality facilities at the UQ Gatton Campus, providing the teaching, research and clinical infrastructure and resources to develop its strong reputation as a leading provider of veterinary training, research and clinical care. The school also maintains a small animal hospital and large animal clinic at Dayboro, north-west of Brisbane.
This position will be responsible for providing high quality referral/specialist surgery services within the Equine Hospital. The successful candidate will contribute to formal (didactic) and clinical teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate and/or professional teaching settings. A contribution to clinically-focused research and/or innovation in clinical practice is expected. Contributions to engagement with the veterinary profession are expected, such as through clinical innovation, training of interns, residents and continuing education seminars. Dissemination of knowledge and skills through published papers, presentations at conferences and seminars is expected.
The successful candidate must possess a BVSc, DVM or equivalent registrable in Queensland. For appointment as senior lecturer, possession of a specialist qualification in equine surgery is expected. A PhD, MPhil or similar research qualification or demonstrable research achievement is desirable. The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and attract and develop a loyal client base through high quality customer service. You should also possess outstanding communication skills, both written and oral as well as excellent organisational skills.
This is a full time continuing appointment at Clinical Academic Level B or C. The base remuneration package will be in the range:
- Academic Level B - $92,142.74 - $109,419.20 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $107,807.01- $128,020.46 p.a.).
- Academic Level C - $112,874.46 - $130,150.91 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $132,063.12 - $152,276.56 p.a.).
To discuss this role, please contact Professor Nigel Perkins on +61 7 5460 1806 or email or firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter, Resume and Selection Criteria responses.
For information on completing the application process click here.
More jobs like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gatton
- Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gatton
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gatton
- Permanent Veterinary Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gatton