Lecturer in Accounting
School of Business and Governance
- 1 X Full time, continuous opportunity (Ref: 0467K07)
- 1 X Full time, fixed term opportunity for 12 months (Ref: 1126I02)
- Lecturer | $92K - $109K plus employer superannuation contribution
The Accounting Discipline within the School of Business and Governance works with the Accounting Profession, commercial and government organisations in joint research projects and student internships and has a strong focus on collaborative learning. The School also has links with offshore teaching partners in Singapore and Dubai.
We are seeking to appoint 2 Lecturers in Accounting in the area of Financial Accounting & Auditing (1 x continuous role –Teaching and Research, 1 x fixed term role - Teaching Scholar). The School requires experienced lecturers to teach Financial Accounting, Auditing, and other Accounting units in the Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Major and the Master of Professional Accounting (MPA).
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in an area relevant to appointment. Professional/practical experience in Financial Accounting, Auditing and/or Taxation will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching in the discipline or profession.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to successfully supervise honours, postgraduate and HDR students
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary approaches to curriculum and pedagogy.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team.
This is a great time to join Murdoch. There are a multitude of opportunities and exciting projects that are presented by the State Government Activity Centre on our doorstep. The co-location of the New Fiona Stanley Hospital and the St John of God Hospital provide many synergies for our learning and teaching, research and community engagement.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
Please submit a cover letter clearly stating which position you are applying for, a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description) via the Apply Online button below. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Position contact: Manzurul Alam, Professor of Accounting on +61 8 9360 6580 or at M.Alam@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 23 December 2016 (11:59pm)