Project Officer Information Services
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
The Project Officer, Information Services is responsible for the management of the Alumni website, including engaging in effective electronic communications to alumni and donors.
- Management of the RMIT Alumni website, including system administration and development, ensuring website is utilising best practice to increase engagement with alumni and information capture;
- Training and development of all staff who administer the RMIT Alumni site, including provision of training materials and ad hoc assistance;
- Assist the Manager, Information Services with the development and implementation of processes and procedures for usage of all systems; document agreed processes and procedures as required;
- Generate regular and ad hoc reports to assist with analysis of alumni and donor engagement;
- Research, test and provide feedback and recommendations to Alumni, Alumni and Philanthropy staff on new system functionalities and how they can be applied to increase alumni and donor engagement;
- In conjunction with the Communications Coordinator Advancement, enhance and develop key alumni and donor email communications (e.g. RMIT Alumni Newsletter) to ensure best practice design and messaging, resulting in increased engagement with alumni and donors;
- Prepare and release bulk email communication to alumni and donors as required;
- Assist the Alumni Programs Coordinator with the effective promotion and administration of Alumni events on the RMIT Alumni website;
- Process transactional data received via the Blackbaud NetCommunity site, including event registrations, polls and surveys and alumni profile information;
- Assist with configuration and restructure of The Raiser's Edge database as directed by the Manager, Advancement Services;
- Process donations to the RMIT Foundation and RMIT University, including generation of receipt and acknowledgement letters to donors;
- Import new data sets as required;
- Respond to general enquiries from alumni and donors;
- General data entry of donor and alumni information as available; and
- Represent the Manager, Information Services as required, including approval of all requests for service and participation in key University committees (e.g. Web Working Group)
Skills & Experience required
- Experience in an administrative role preferably in a university or not for profit environment;
- Advanced experience and knowledge of database administration and configuration (preferably The Raiser's Edge);
- Experience with the management and development of web Content Management Systems (CMS), including site administration and general program maintenance (preferably Blackbaud NetCommunity);
- In depth knowledge of web and social media trends and how they can be applied to achieve alumni and fundraising goals;
- Experience in training staff in web based and database systems;
- Experience in data extraction, reporting and analysis;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to handle various and multiple functions simultaneously and under pressure, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #556123
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to "Apply". Applications close on Sunday 11th December 2016
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Business & Management Marketing & Communications jobs in Melbourne
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Education Marketing & Communications jobs in Melbourne
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Social Sciences Marketing & Communications jobs in Melbourne
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Business & Economics Marketing & Communications jobs in Melbourne