Research Officer in Medicine
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe's multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the role
Working in Professor Stear's lab, the primary purpose of this role will be to determine precisely how IgA regulates nematode growth and fecundity by examining antigen specific responses to protective molecules.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in immunology, molecular biology, parasitology or a similar subject is essential.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
- Experience in proteomics, cloning, gene expression, protein purification and antigen-specific ELISA is desirable but not essential.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday, 31 January 2017 by 11.00pm AEDT.
Position Enquiries: Professor Michael Stear, Professor of Animal Biology, +61 (03) 9032 7488 or .
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.