Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Veterinary Epidemiology
School of Veterinary and Life Sciences
- Continuous Full-time position
- Associate Professor|$136K- $150K plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Senior Lecturer | $113K - $130K plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Ref: 0263J01/201718
The College of Veterinary Medicine within the School of Veterinary and Life Sciences was the first in Australia to be built as a purpose-designed veterinary teaching and research facility and is responsible for the training of veterinary science graduates to enable lifelong professional success. The Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree program has received international accreditation and a central part of the training is development of core clinical competencies. As part of this process veterinary science students undertake training in our hospital, clinics and clinical services.
We are currently looking for an experienced veterinary epidemiologist to lead research and teaching in this discipline across the School, to support Murdoch University’s established research collaborations in Asia and to champion our rapidly growing engagement with epidemiology training in China.
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will have a PhD and a veterinary degree (essential). A veterinary degree that is registrable with the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia is highly desirable. Demonstrated track record in research and high quality research outputs, and in teaching veterinary epidemiology at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Descriptions.
Recognised by The Times Higher Education as one of the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50, Murdoch University is internationally recognised as a research-led institution.
This is a great time to join Murdoch. There are a multitude of opportunities and exciting projects that are presented by the State Government Activity Centre on our doorstep. The co-location of the New Fiona Stanley Hospital and the St John of God Hospital provide many synergies for our learning and teaching, research and community engagement.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Please submit a cover letter, a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description) via the Apply Online button below. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Position contact: Professor Peter Irwin, Principal College of Veterinary Medicine +61 8 9360 2590 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23 December 2016 (11:59pm)
More searches like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Perth
- Permanent Life sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Perth
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Perth
- Permanent Veterinary Science Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Perth