- Convenient CBD location
- Full-time, Continuing position
- $73,376-$79,428 + 17% Super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
As an integral member of the philanthropy team, the Philanthropy Coordinator will play a key role in delivering exemplary donor stewardship, supporting key donor and prospecting events, driving the trusts and foundations calendar, coordinating the bequest program and managing bequest conversations
- Donor Stewardship: Support the delivery of the donor stewardship program, including maintaining donor information and communications internally and externally, coordinating and contributing to the implementation of the annual giving campaign, managing mail outs and receipting and acknowledging donors. Ensure that donor records are accurate and up to date enabling timely reporting and tracking.
- Event Coordination: support a number of stewardship and donor cultivation events throughout the year. Coordinate logistics, manage invitation mail-outs and RSVPs, attend the events.
- Bequest Program Coordination: in consultation with the Senior Advisor, Stewardship, coordinate and contribute to the development of the bequest program. Ensure timely follow up of new bequest enquiries. These conversations need to be handled with tact and sensitivity.
- Trusts and Foundations Calendar Coordination: Coordinate and contribute to the development of a calendar of Trusts and Foundations funding opportunities and acquittal dates and alert Philanthropy Team to upcoming deadlines. Develop and maintain accurate records and filing systems. Working with the Senior Advisor, Stewardship, determine requirements and develop proposals and reports for Trust and Foundations.
- University interface: support other portfolios within the university with their fundraising enquiries as approved by the Associate Director, Philanthropy. Coordinate despatch of donor receipts and acknowledgements. Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders within the University.
- General: Assist with additional Development and administrative tasks as required. Support the Associate Director, Philanthropy and the Director, Alumni and Philanthropy in carrying out the regular duties of the philanthropy department such as room bookings, meeting coordination and expense reconciliation.
Skills & Experience required
You must be able to demonstrate experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders with exposure of delivering income for the education or not for profit sector. You must possess strong oral, written and communication skills with high attention to detail. You will have a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications and CRM databases including ability to generate reports. Highly competent research/analysis skills with experience of project or event delivery is also essential
For further information please contact Karen Brown on +61 3 9925 3725 for a confidential discussion. Please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/caw/en/listing/ quoting reference number; 556086 for a position description.
Please scroll down to "Apply". Applications close on Monday 12th December
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.