Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works is a vacant position within the Division of Properties and Facilities. The Clerk of works will be responsible to Monitor and control the Project site and ensure the site operations runs smoothly at FMA 2 Storey Building.
This position is project based for 1 year.
1. Performing regular inspections of the works on site and compare completed work with the drawings and specifications.
2. Measuring and sampling of building materials to check the quality recording results
3. Identify defects and suggest ways to correct them liaising with other construction staff, such as contractors, Engineers, and other consultants.
4. Monitor and reporting progress of construction to the Project Manager
5. Maintain Project files in database
6. Co-ordinate and cross-check the work on Site
7. Reporting back to management on a regular basis
8. Ensure necessary compliant are obtained and observed all times
9. Provide technical support to colleagues on Site
10. Liaising with management on a daily basis and troubleshooting when problems occur
Trade Diploma in Building, QS & Civil Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience Extensive Leadership and decision making skills. Demonstrated ability in handling Construction Projects.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities would be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College/Division Division of Properties & Facilities
Department Department of Buildings & Services