Fiji National University (FNU) is committed to contributing towards achieving sustainable livelihoods, open and democratic societies and maximizing the standard of living of the communities in Fiji and the Pacific through quality education and training.
The Uniservices division of FNU is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for student learning, and also the highest quality support services – including security, accommodation, cafeterias, fleet, bookshops, etc.
The Operation Officer will require the following:
Supervision of the operations, supervisors, staff and apprentices of all FNU cafeterias and Jumping Javas
Sales, profitability and budget performance and reporting
Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
Stock/inventory rotation and management
Monitoring and evaluating staff performance Liaise with the Manager Cafeteria on organizing, implementing and promoting the Cafeterias operations.
- Diploma in Business/Finance/Accounting or related field with at least (4) four years experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively at all levels and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work autonomously taking direction as needed;
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Should be self-motived, well organized and have a good knowledge of time management
- Should be available to work early mornings, nights and weekend hours when there is a need.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- should be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in changing requirements
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- A valid driving license
- Applicants should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Economics / Accounting / Statistics / IT / IS / Maths or related field with at least two (2) year post degree experience OR Diploma in Finance / Economics / Accounting / Statistics / IT / IS / Maths with 4 years work experience
- The other two critical requirements are expertise in research and excellent organizational skills.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities would be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College/Division Office of the Vice Chancellor
Department Department of Uni Services