Associate Lecturer or Lecturer, Simulation Educator
| REF: 498048 |
Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, School of (SPARHC)
WESTERN AUSTRALIAN CENTRE FOR RURAL HEALTH
- 2 year appointment
- Fulltime or substantial fractional appointment available
- Location: Geraldton office with periodic regional travel
- Salary range: Level A or B (Salary level will be dependent on qualifications and experience)
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
WACRH's work covers a large and varied part of the state and the Centre enjoys excellent relationships with health care providers and communities. The collegial, multidisciplinary team of academics and support staff implement a dynamic program addressing key rural, remote and Aboriginal health issues.
The successful applicant may also assist in the development, supervision and assessment of undergraduate and graduate entry students in their own profession, and in inter-professional practice opportunities.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant professional qualification and practical experience in a health-related field, ideally in a rural, remote or Indigenous context and/or a record of academic achievement in an education/health-related field of relevance to rural, remote or Indigenous populations
- Prior experience in the development and/or delivery of tertiary education and/or professional development programs including proven ability to develop learning objectives.
- Experience in simulation scenario and course or curriculum development and design, or ability to deliver short courses using simulation or to have knowledge and experience in the use and programing of simulation mannequins will be an advantage.
- High degree of interpersonal skills, including team work and leadership, communication and negotiating skills.
- Clinical Supervision of under graduate students would be an advantage, especially in a rural and/or remote health setting.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Friday 9 December 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 311683.pdf
UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.