Digital Communications and Design Officer
The University of Tasmania's Faculty of Health has an international reputation for the quality of health professional education and research into the prevention and management of chronic diseases, particularly conditions associated with ageing. Within the Faculty, the School of Medicine is a large interdisciplinary school comprising Medicine, Pharmacy, Psychology and Paramedicine.
The Digital Communications and Design Officer is a member of the School of Medicine's Digital Innovation Team, and plays a crucial role in enhancing the reputation of the School of Medicine's programs and initiatives, particularly teaching and learning activities.
In the role you will:
- Design engaging and appealing educational resources, including video, storyboarding teaching and learning project proposals, employing sound usability techniques, and complying with accessibility guidelines and other relevant policies and legislation, for the use in key online courses.
- Assist in the production of marketing materials for print and digital platforms for the promotion of specific courses, designing course brands, and monitoring and reporting on their effectiveness.
- Support students who are studying remotely by building online communities, participating in online discussion forums, partaking in social media activities, and communicating by other means.
- Design web content for a public audience, considering the diversity of users' learning and communication styles. Develop multimedia resources for online publication, particularly for learning and teaching purposes.
- Develop a systematic approach to the organisation of School material for the web, ensuring coherency and currency of published content, and employing information architecture principles to design appropriate web sitemaps.
You will be employed on a fixed-term full-time basis for 2 years.
To be considered, you will have:
- A degree level qualification and relevant experience and expertise; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- High-level proficiency in a range of software packages, including Adobe Creative Suite and particularly media development environments.
- A solid understanding of digital marketing and experience in the development and¿implementation of engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills, with proven ability to establish good working relations with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated high-level written communication skills, with the ability to use language fitting for the purpose and audience, in correspondence and in writing for the¿web.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $85,901 comprising base salary within the range of $64,060 to $73,420 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Mr Wes Roach, Senior Administrative Officer - Business and Commercial Services, Wes.Roach@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 6915.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Friday, 16 December 2016.