Student Experience Team Leader
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) is one of the five faculties at the University of Adelaide. ECMS comprises seven schools and two Research Centres and is responsible for servicing the needs of over 5000 students and has an annual budget of approximately $140 million. ECMS is responsible for teaching a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, as well as conducting research in all disciplines. ECMS has recently embarked on an ambitious transformation program with the aim of creating an innovative agile Faculty that is recognised for leadership in education, research and global engagement.
The Faculty's Student and Learning Services team is entrusted to work in partnership with our students and academic staff to enable an excellent academic experience, providing support to innovative learning and teaching practices, to thereby produce world-class graduates who will be the industry thought leaders of tomorrow.
Working under limited direction the Student Experience Team Leader is responsible for providing high-level leadership to the Student Experience Team, coordinating, planning and developing activities that result in increased student engagement and success. This includes overseeing and supporting the provision of proactive student support and intervention through such activities as program/course advice, retention initiatives, on-boarding and holistic student case management. The role is also tasked with inculcating a student-centric approach through the provision of excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
Salary: (HEO7) $80,684.00 - $90,516.00 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision of customer service roles including the ability to foster, develop and implement quality improvement and best practice customer service culture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner and to work collaboratively to deliver student centric results.
- Demonstrated experience resolving problems, including the ability to be innovative and creative in generating solutions to complex issues.
- Knowledge of University Student Administration Systems and their application in the delivery of high quality student support and administrative services is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with using computer software packages such as Microsoft Office and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple complex tasks with competing deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector and global trends as relate to enhancing the student experience.
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience and / or extensive relevant experience and management expertise or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education / training.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Lachlan Coleman, Student & Learning Services Manager, Telephone: 08 8313 5435 or email: Lachlan.email@example.com
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.