Administrative Assistant, Reception
Menzies Institute for Medical Research at the University of Tasmania is one of Australia's leading health and medical research institutes and is recognised worldwide for its research excellence.
The Administrative Assistant - Reception is responsible for a range of administrative tasks that support all MSP occupants, research programs and clinics, learning and teaching and our important community engagement functions.
In the role you will:
- Provide a friendly and professional reception service. This includes greeting visitors and study participants and efficiently operating a telephone and messaging service, ensuring that all interactions create a positive impression for all occupants of MSP. Develop a basic understanding of research and teaching activity in the MSP and key staff who occupy the precinct to enable the referral of enquiries to the correct staff.
- Maintain the appearance of the reception and waiting areas, and in conjunction with security, maintain the necessary documents for managing car parking in the basement of MSP.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail, including receipting, sorting and readdressing. Organise couriers as required.
- Maintain financial records as required within timeframes, including cheque register, credit card payments to Finance for receipting, banking cash received and forwarding interim receipts for processing and petty cash.
- Jointly manage the appointment schedules, payment, collection and reimbursement for all Clinic Research Facility users. This includes ensuring that reimbursements are received from Medicare and the Department, and following up outstanding payments.
You will be employed on a part-time ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of Year 12 with subsequent relevant experience of at least two years, or an equivalent combination of at least five years' relevant experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated experience of reception duties performed in a complex organisation.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to operate a reception area with a commitment to providing a high level of service.
- Demonstrated experience in basic financial training, including handling money and reconciling accounts.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 3 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $68,610 comprising base salary within the range of $51,740 to $58,641 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Mrs Amanda Sartori, Administration Manager, Amanda.Sartori@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 7718.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Friday, 9 December 2016.