Technical Officer, SMARTfarm Learning Hub
- Part-time (17.5 hrs p.w.) Fixed-term to 31/12/2017.
- $63,453 to $73,171 part time pro rata per annum (HEO 5).
- Plus 9.5% employer superannuation. Salary packaging options are available.
- Applicants must have applicable work rights for the term of the contract.
The University of New England is currently seeking a highly motivated person to support the development of the SMARTfarm Learning Hub. We are seeking a technical officer with a passion for agriculture, technology and education. This project is funded by the Australian Governments Office for Learning & Teaching (OLT) and is a unique collaboration across three schools at UNE, over eight universities and more than 15 agricultural technology companies from across the globe.
About the role
The Technical Officer will assist in the development of the SMARTfarm Learning Hub (The Hub), an online resource which provides links to cloud based agricultural technologies running over the various university farms and learning resources for educators and students. The Hub will be a world first; it will link real industry technologies with educator resources and student learning packages. This gives educators and their student's online access to data and systems from commercial scale smart-farms across Australia and the world.
The Technical Officer will undertake specific tasks supporting the development and operation of the SMARTfarm Learning Hub. This primarily involves the development and maintenance of all the SMARTfarm Learning Hub resources including the web platform development, collation of learning material, maintenance of the commercial data platforms and assistance with the development of learning resources.
Skills & Experience to include:
- Experience with the development and application of farm technologies or e-learning technologies;
- Familiarity/knowledge of developing websites for mobile devices and use of app technology;
- Ability to develop or maintain simple web publishing platforms such as Squarespace, and social media platforms;
- Capacity to deliver creative solutions to challenging ICT problems; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquillity of the New England on a rural property.
To find out more, visit: www.armidaleregion.com.au/ and www.experiencethehighs.com.au/.
To discuss this role or to receive a summary of the Office for Learning and Teaching SMARTfarm Learning Hub Project please contact Dr Sue Gregory: phone (02) 6773 5054 or email email@example.com .
Closing Date: 11th December 2016
Reference No: 216164
To demonstrate your suitability for this role, please respond to the selection criteria in your application.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.