3 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Science
Division of Alumni and Development (Development Office)
Reference no. 1919/1116
- Develop and implement broad-based fundraising programs to support University programs and initiatives
- Builds and manage relationships with donors, alumni, and professional associations
- Full-time fixed-term 12 months, remuneration package: $94K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The Division of Alumni and Development (DAD) is responsible for building relationships that foster advocacy and support for the University and its mission and strategic priorities. The Division comprises three teams:
• Alumni Relations
• Advancement Services
Our “INSPIRED” campaign continues to break fundraising records in terms of dollars raised and numbers of donors. Achievements to date include:
- the sale of Picasso’s portrait Jeune fille endormie at auction for $19.8 million to fund four academic chairs at our multidisciplinary medical research hub, the Charles Perkins Centre, which specialises in obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and related conditions
- $20 million to establish a new collaborative centre for project leadership
- $34 million to establish a multi-year research program to advance the use of medicinal cannabinoids in the treatment of chronic disease.
The Development team is responsible for providing the direction, coordination and management of the fundraising programs for the University, including the Sydney Development Fund, major gift and planned giving programs, and INSPIRED – the fundraising campaign to support the University of Sydney.
We are seeking a Development Associate, Faculty of Science, to develop and implement broad-based fundraising programs to support University programs and initiatives.
Under the guidance of the Director of Development, you will:
- work collaboratively with faculties and professional service units to implement funding opportunities for programs and initiatives
- implement individual plans to cultivate and solicit prospects to make a gift to the University
- identify and manage a portfolio of prospective individual donors, corporate donors, and Foundations and Trusts.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- experience in business development and consultative selling techniques with an ability to achieve monthly activity targets as a key metric of performance and annual performance targets
- demonstrated ability to manage complex and diverse relationships required to operate effectively in a large organisation with multiple stakeholders
- relevant University degree or extensive relevant experience and applicable qualifications.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 5pm 8 December 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.