Futures Creative Learning Producer
- Full Time
UAL Futures Creative Learning Producer
Fixed-term 1 year, full-time
Salary: £33,090 - £40,638
College/Service: Academic Development and Services
Location: UAL - Various sites
Why choose us?:
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
Every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals, and impacts on the future of so many creative industries. Working with UAL Futures, a project addressing aspects of the future where technology meets creativity, and as part of the Teaching and Learning Exchange, you will get to be a part of this future by transferring your specialist knowledge on to other keen creatives whilst developing your own skills.
UAL Futures mission is to inspire and support digital creativity at University of the Arts London. Our goal is to define, demystify and shape the digital capabilities creative students need to thrive in a connected future.
We do this working in partnership with our community of students, staff, alumni and creative employers. Delivering events, research, sponsored projects, and by prototyping new learning experiences, we are helping students access knowledge, resources, and opportunities.
A relatively new programme, we are growing, and looking to build a small central team to support our activities in 2017/18. Including the launch of the UAL Futures Studio, with the purpose of delivering multidisciplinary learning experiences, inspirational events and media content, and activating a network of emerging and established creative talent.
- UAL Futures is growing, and we have an immediate opening for a confident, communicative, creative-minded creative learning producer to join our team.
- This newly created role will place you at the heart of the UAL community working with interdisciplinary teams of students, alumni and academics.
- You will also directly work with creative companies, studios, agencies and brands, connecting them with UAL talent, and overseeing all aspects of the production of UAL Futures learning experiences, event programmes and creative projects.
- This exciting position will see you take a lead role in the launch of the UAL Futures Studio, with the purpose of prototyping new interdisciplinary learning models and delivering creative projects at the intersection of creativity and technology.
- Working with industry partners to define challenge briefs that address aspects of the future, you will be responsible for the delivery of workshops, talks and events designed to achieve specific learning goals and creative outcomes.
- In a highly collaborative environment it will be your job to bring diverse teams together, supporting and facilitating their creative and learning journeys.
- In the process you’ll be helping the next generation of creative talent respond to big challenges, and be exposed to the latest technology, trends and thinking transforming art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
- A natural organiser, you are someone who has experience of successfully producing complex projects, events or learning experiences in the creative and cultural sector.
- Joining a relatively new programme, in this new role, you will be an adaptive project manager with the ability to rapidly learn and adjust, constantly shaping and adapting the role and processes in response to the needs of diverse projects.
- A warm communicator, you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, and are adept at building relationships with, supporting, and influencing, large and diverse groups of stakeholders internally and externally.
- You’ll have a collaborative nature, and want to meet, brief and support established and emerging creative talent.
- You’ll have a love of creativity in all forms, and a curiosity for the transformative effect of technology on society.
- A sponge for new knowledge, connections and inspiration, you seize opportunities to learn and develop.
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, an attractive salary pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. Relocation assistance is available.
If you have any queries you may contact the Academic Development and Services team via email: ADSRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 020 7514 9627.
To apply, please visit: https://ual.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/appcentre-1/candidate/postings/2737
Closing date: 7 December 2016, 23:55pm.
University of the Arts London aims to be an equal opportunities employer embracing diversity in all areas of activity and UAL positively welcomes applications from black and minority ethnic staff who are currently underrepresented at this level.