Education and Outreach Officer
FACULTY OF ARTS - ARC Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions
- 9-month appointment with a possible extension to 18 months
- Level 6
- Part-time 0.6-0.8 FTE
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Australian Research Council (ARC) Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions (CHE), in collaboration with The University of Western Australia, The University of Adelaide, The University of Melbourne, The University of Sydney and The University of Queensland, seeks to appoint an Education and Outreach Officer for 9 months with a possible extension to 18 months at UWA.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, publication design, website editing, internet and email
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills
- Experience in developing, delivering and coordinating educational programs, events and activities at an appropriate level
- Experience in liaising with schools and educational bodies
- Enthusiasm for humanities and social science communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrated initiative and work productively as part of a team
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Sunday 4 December 2016
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.