Head of Department in Communication
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia), has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries. RMIT Vietnam's focus is around three main goals; growth in student numbers, quality of programs, staffing and infrastructure, and differentiation in the way that it teaches digital engagement, fostering industry relationships and providing international opportunities.
All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). RMIT Vietnam is an English speaking university.
We have recently reviewed the structure of our Centre of Communication & Design, to ensure operational efficiency, refine our program offerings, and improve the experience of both students and employees. As a consequence, we have created several new roles and are now looking for suitably qualified senior academics to join us.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT, COMMUNICATION
Reporting to the Head of Centre, Centre of Communication & Design, the Head of Department Communication is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the academic department. The position is responsible for overseeing Program Leads in the areas of Communication. In strategic collaboration with the Head of Centre, the position is responsible for assuring Growth, Quality, and Differentiation across the Department.
Tasks include, but are not restricted to:
- Integrating activities across organisational boundaries and disciplines to meet the needs of students, staff, the University and relevant industries, through tailored academic programs or outcome-related research;
- Providing academic leadership within the University, in her/his discipline/professional field, in respect of teaching and learning, research, involvement with relevant professional groups, and community service;
- Ensuring a consistent level of academic leadership is delivered across all programs and disciplines under their management;
- Contributing to the strategic direction setting of the Centre by working collaboratively with other relevant members of the Centre executive;
- Planning and developing programs and commercial activities and ensuring the viability of the Department's activity.
The Head of Department will also fulfil the requirements of an Associate Professor or Professor, in accordance with the Academic Expectations framework.
- In accordance with our Academic Expectations Framework, all Academic employees must hold a relevant PhD to be appointed.
- Your appointment, title, and salary will depend on your skills, level of experience, and research contributions.
- Appointment and promotion processes align with RMIT University globally.
- To meet Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements, all non-Vietnamese academic candidates must have at least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
For detailed information on the requirements and selection criteria, please see the job description attached.
TO FIND OUT MORE
Please visit our jobs website (www.rmit.edu.vn/jobs) to read more about the roles, including detailed information on the requirements, benefits, and our recruitment process.