Resident Director Australia/New Zealand
Resident Director Australia/New Zealand (Melbourne)
Annual Salary: AUS $100,000 – 120,000
Close Date: Apply by December 31, 2016 for primary consideration, open until filled
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2017
The UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) is seeking a Resident Director (RD) to provide leadership and oversight of our Australia and New Zealand academic exchange programs. The UCEAP Australia and New Zealand study centers located in Melbourne and Auckland, support academic programs serving approximately 200 students annually at 14 partner institutions across the region. The position is based in our Melbourne, Australia study center and reports to the systemwide office Regional Director located in Goleta, CA.
The RD is responsible for managing the full range of academic, administrative, and student life matters inherent within education abroad programs including orientation, internships, academic advising, student conduct, health and safety, cultural adjustment, strategic initiatives, and management of local study center operations, its staff and operating budget. The RD serves as the local UCEAP representative with regional partner universities, government agencies, and other organizations, and is UCEAP’s primary onsite liaison between the host institutions, UCEAP, and the students.
- MA./M.S. in related field required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in higher education program administration or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage a broad range of operational, academic and student welfare and conduct issues.
- Highly responsive communicator with ability to manage communications effectively within a remote working environment.
- Knowledge of emergency planning to respond to safety, security and health issues as they affect students abroad.
- Strong ability to think creatively and use sound judgment and decision making skills on concepts requiring advanced analytical skills.
- Willingness and proven ability to work independently and to respond effectively and timely within a consultative environment.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to engage with students and work with diverse groups to achieve results.
- In depth knowledge of U.S., Australia and New Zealand cultures and higher educational systems.
- Knowledge of trends in pre and post assessment of study abroad outcomes and ability to develop, implement, and analyze student learning outcomes.
- Ability to travel and be available 24/7 for emergency response during program terms.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check is required.
- Must have legal authority to work in Australia.
PhD in a related field. Experience in higher education program administration at a senior level preferably in the field of study abroad. Prior teaching experience and knowledge of experiential learning. Experience with QuickBooks financial software or equivalent database.
For full description of duties and to apply click here or click the apply by button.
EOE/AA: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and affirmative action.
Questions? Contact email@example.com