Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Physiotherapy
3 days left
- Full Time
WESTERN AUSTRALIAN CENTRE FOR RURAL HEALTH
- 2 year appointment (potential for substantial fractional appointment)
- Located at Geraldton office with periodic regional travel.
- Salary range: Level A $67,352 - $88,275 p.a or Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a. (Level of appointment will be dependent on qualifications and experience)
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
WACRH's work covers a large and varied part of the state and the Centre enjoys excellent relationships with health care providers and communities. The collegial, multidisciplinary team of academics and support staff implement a dynamic program addressing key rural, remote and Aboriginal health issues. The appointee will be a valuable member of this team providing leadership in the development of Physiotherapy related placements and the clinical supervision of these students in varied settings along with inter-professional support and education delivery across the wider WACRH program.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant Health qualification(s) and accreditation with applicable professional body as required.
- Sound understanding of educational principles at the undergraduate level and experience in student supervision including in a clinical context.
- Effective organisational, time management and communication skills within a team environment.
- Sound understanding of and commitment to principles of primary health care, inter-professional practice, service learning and community development as they apply to rural and remote Australia.
- Relevant research experience and demonstrated experience in developing, delivering and evaluating health related programs.
- Capability for developing and maintaining collaborative work with academics and health professionals from a wide range of disciplines.
- Sound understanding of quality improvement and evaluation practices.
- Commitment to increasing Aboriginal peoples' roles in improving the health and well-being of their communities, as planners and managers, service providers, trainers and trainees.
Closing date: Friday 9 December 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.