Veterinary Nurse - Small Animal Surgery
The Animal Hospital
- 12 month fixed-term in the first instance, with a view to extension.
- Part-time 0.7FTE | Seven shifts a fortnight including some weekend shifts currently 1700 to 0100 (5pm-1am)
- H0404|$59K-$65K p.a. pro rata plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions and leave loading
- Ref: 0851C01/201717
The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University is the teaching hospital of the School of Veterinary and Life Sciences. We aim to provide a responsive and complete, referral service to Western Australian veterinarians, their clients and their patients.
Reporting to the Nurse Coordinator - Small Animal Surgery, this role is to provide high quality Veterinary Nursing care to animals in The Animal Hospital at Murdoch.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed a certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or completion of a relevant associate diploma level qualification, registrable in Western Australia.
- A minimum of 4 years current nursing experience
- Experience working with recumbent patients is preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated confidence and skill when handling and restraining small animals.
- Good knowledge of diagnostic and surgical equipment, as well as sterilizing and aseptic techniques.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as fitting seamlessly into a team environment.
Recognised by The Times Higher Education as one of the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50, Murdoch University is internationally recognised as a research-led institution.
This is a great time to join Murdoch. There are a multitude of opportunities and exciting projects that are presented by the State Government Activity Centre on our doorstep. The co-location of the New Fiona Stanley Hospital and the St John of God Hospital provide many synergies for our learning and teaching, research and community engagement.
Please submit a cover letter, a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description) via the Apply Online button below. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
For further information about the position contact: Cheryl Cooper, Surgery Nurse Coordinator on (08) 9360 1386, or email C.email@example.com
Closing date: 2 December 2016