Business Strategy Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
We are looking for an Business Strategy Manager for the set-up, project management and ongoing maintenance of the EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science at the University of New South Wales (UNSW). The Node is a recently established interdisciplinary research unit at the forefront of molecular biology and imaging. Since its start in 2015, it has grown to 10 active research groups and ~70 full-time researchers. The Business Manager primary focus is to set up the infrastructure for the Node, including policies, processes, structures and relationships
About the role
- $98K-$120K plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term until 31 December 2017
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Business Strategy Manager will lead and provide high-level management for all aspects of the Node’s operation including its planning, research activities, budgeting and financial management, reporting to external stakeholders, and management of personnel. The research activities of the Node take place in a fast paced and changing environment that affords opportunities to strengthen and expand the programs and capabilities of the Node. The Business Strategy Manager, together with the Node Head aims to harness these opportunities and engage, coordinate and influence stakeholders to the benefit of the Node.
About the successful applicant
The position would suit someone with a high level of initiative and drive. Someone who enjoys building and maintaining relationships whilst at the same time getting things done.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Tertiary qualifications in administration/management or project management with extensive work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience within a tertiary education or research environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills, in particular successful delivery of project outcomes and managing of technical staff to establish new initiatives.
- Extensive high-level project management experience with a demonstrated ability to plan, oversee and manage projects including budgetary planning and laboratory operations.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Professor Katharina Gaus, Node Head, EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science
T: (61 2) 9385 1377
Applications close: 11th December 2016