Senior Lecturer in Higher Education Learning Design
Faculty of Science
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Faculty of Science is recruiting for a Senior Lecturer in Higher Education Learning Design to play a key role in the development of students' future focused graduate capabilities and professional identities.
The Faculty of Science is involved in a diverse spectrum of teaching and learning practices and is continually seeking to improve existing practices and develop strategies to support high quality, innovative and efficient teaching that enable student learning.
As a Senior Lecturer in Higher Education Learning Design you will lead a small team of science learning designers in the implementation of strategies to enhance science learning and the uptake of teaching technologies amongst academic staff. You will work closely with the Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning) and liaise with all levels of staff including UTS: Institute for Interactive Media and Learning, to support the development of Science learning and teaching practices.
Duties/Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide leadership and management of the Science learning design team, liaising with learning technologists toimplementthetoa
- Provide specialist support to Faculty academic staff in key areas of teaching/learning professional development, particularly development of high-quality teaching skills, and design and implementation of assessment and feedback, course and curriculum learning activities.
- effectively with professional staff to support the efficient implementation of processes that support quality teaching practices.
- Experience in leading a team, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Project management skills in the area of applied learning technologies and pedagogies.
- developed interpersonal negotiation and communication skills to establish working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of current pedagogy, particularly as it relates to Science education in tertiary environments.
Remuneration & Benefits
Salary Range: $119,674 to 133,719 (Level C )
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC87922 please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria - these can be found on our website by clicking on the apply link. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC87922.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 12th December 2016 at 11.59pm