Lecturer in Exercise Science
2 days left
- Full Time
- School of Health Science
- Level B $89,087 - $105,685 up to 17% super
- Full-time, ongoing based at Hawthorn campus
Swinburne University of Technology is expanding its offerings in Health and Medical Science, including Exercise and Sports Science.
This Lecturer will be responsible for developing and reviewing curriculum as the program in Exercise and Sports Science develops, as well as:
- Participating in and conducting research
- Convening and teaching units related to exercise and sports science
- Supervision of capstone projects, honour’s and research students.
- Development of educational materials including authentic assessment as well as industry relevant learning and development
- Engage with industry
- Facilitation of coordination into majors and the new standalone degree.
- Work with discipline lead in order to facilitate the above.
Given the current makeup of the Exercise and Sports Science team, expertise and interest in the areas of exercise prescription, motor control and learning and exercise physiology. Collaboration in both discipline based and interdisciplinary research and teaching is an essential component to the role. Scholarly endeavour, innovation in the discipline area and undertaking activities that will maintain and develop the incumbent’s expertise are
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- PhD in Exercise and Sports Science or closely related Discipline
- Tertiary teaching qualification or equivalent (preferable)
- Advanced knowledge in Exercise and Sports Science, particularly in one or more areas of exercise prescription, motor control and learning and/or exercise physiology.
- Demonstrated experience in tertiary teaching, including a record of curriculum development and review, teaching and assessment
- A track record of publications in the field, capacity to communicate research outcomes and a demonstrated commitment to research activities in the field
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/corporate/hr/swin/benefits/index.htm
The diverse culture within Swinburne is our strength and our success lies within the inclusive working environment built of employees from a variety of backgrounds. Swinburne celebrates and respects the strength that difference creates. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and generally the capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people; varying age workers; people with disabilities; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the WGEA as the Employer of Choice of Gender Equality 2015, and of key initiatives such as Pride @ Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision – to become Australia’s leading university in Science, Technology and Innovation.
How to apply
To start an application click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact Annabel Chan on +61 3 9214 3126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Refer to position numbers: 32345
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 7 December 2016