Senior Lecturer in Engineering
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you, will be expected to make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. A key responsibility will be to provide leadership and academic management of the engineering Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and Global Research and Industry Partnerships (GRIP) programs. You will be required to develop teaching materials for the new Engineering program, conduct research and develop further industry contacts for the expansion of WIL, GRIP and potential research collaborations.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will possess:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent record in securing research partnerships with industry.
- Success in obtaining research funding from domestic and international competitive grants etc.
- Proven track record for having coordinated a domestic and global program for placing students in industry.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and capacity in curriculum development at course/program level.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 30 November 2016 by 11.00pm AEDT.
Position Enquiries: Jim Whittington, TEL: 03 9479 2051 Email:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.