Credit, Advanced Standing & Articulations Project Officer
The Credit, Advanced Standing and Articulation Project Officer manages the implementation of improved solutions and processes to identify, monitor and review, credit, advanced standing and articulation functions of James Cook University.
The incumbent implements develops and maintains effective collaborative relationships throughout the university community to facilitate information sharing, an end to end understanding of credit, advanced standing and articulation processes, including an emphasis on the student experience, currency and transparency.
The Division of Academic and Student Life is responsible for the overall strategy in relation to learning and teaching, academic quality, student services, careers and counselling, equity and library and information services at JCU. The Division plays a critical role in working with and across the Colleges and Divisions at JCU and also works in collaboration with the Office of the Senior Deputy-Vice Chancellor in driving and meeting the University’s objectives and Strategic Intent. The Division of Academic and Student Life oversees a large component of the student experience within James Cook University.
The Division includes the Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement Directorate, Library and Information Services Directorate, and the Student Services Directorate.
Student Services Directorate
The Student Services Directorate provides academic, administrative and student support services to the University community and is responsible for a large component of the non-academic domestic and international student experience at JCU. The Directorate plays a pivotal role in relation to the student experience, the abilityof the University to meet its enrolment and financial targets and the reputation of the University.
- Review current University credit, advanced standing and articulation arrangements including: mapping processes, collecting data, facilitating changes, disseminating information, training relevant staff and assessing agreement effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to optimise credit, advanced standing and articulation options and in providing high level advice on policy development and improved process efficiencies.
- Provide support and advice to the Student Services Directorate and Academy in relation to centralised systems, technologies and processes.
- Engage with the Student Communications team to ensure appropriate communication with students regarding changes.
- Ensure that the University’s legal obligations are met, in regards to the Privacy Act, and all record handling and record keeping processes.
- Work independently to solve problems and to ensure critical deadlines are met
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff. Your specific level descriptor can be found at:
Professional and Technical
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Credit, Advanced Standing and Articulation Project Officer is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Credit, Advanced Standing and Articulation Project Officeris required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Credit, Advanced Standing and Articulation Project Officeris required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
- Domestic travel may be required as part of this role.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Completion of a degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in higher education administration or similar complex organisation; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy and develop and review processes ensuring industry best practice is maintained.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks to meet competing deadlines
- Proven ability to research, analyse and determine appropriate solutions for complex problems that have measured outcomes for success.
- Proven ability to seek, evaluate, and disseminate information and knowledge.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills with a large range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Experience with credit, advanced standing and articulation processes. Experience at a higher education institution.