Senior Research Communications Advisor
3 days left
- Full Time
- Opportunity to join the prestigious La Trobe Graduate Research School
- Continuing, full-time role at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $78,628 to $86,814 per annum pro-rated plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Graduate Research School (GRS) was launched in 2015 to work with colleges, the University library, the La Trobe International division, and other partners to develop the following but not limited to - a world-class graduate research experience, a compelling narrative to attract the best higher degree research candidates; and timely, tailored support for supervisors and a coordinated and university-wide administration.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, strategic and highly motivated communications specialist to support and promote research engagement for the La Trobe Graduate Research School. The Senior Research Communications Advisor will play a key role in contributing to the national and international profile of the Graduate Research School by developing promotional material, marketing higher degree research and scholarship opportunities at the University in national and international forums, and facilitating communications with staff and students.
To be successful in the role you will possess:
- A degree in marketing or communications, or an equivalent level of professional experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in developing and leading the brand identity of a significant organisational unit, within a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in the authorship of compelling and engaging content that can be adapted for web, social media, news and print-based media.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple channels, using multiple mediums, which include, the web, social media, and rich media.
- Fluency and a high level of competence with the computer applications and systems required to develop communications. These include: the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft SharePoint and the Content Management System (CMS), MySource Matrix.
- Demonstrated flexibility and capability to manage several projects in parallel and work with a range of stakeholders to ensure organisational objectives are met.
- Demonstrated strong written and editorial skills.
- Demonstrated skills in graphic design and experience with the adherence to brand identity guidelines.
- Ability to establish and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 5 December 2016
Position Enquiries: Dr Clare McCausland, Manager, Graduate Research School +61 3 9479 3892
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.