Residential Coordinator, Academic Excellence
2 days left
- Full Time
- Provide support, advice and coordination for residential students at LaTrobe University
- Full Time, continuing role at our Bundoora Campus
- $71,257 - $77,131 plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Accommodation Services leads the University (LTU) in the provision of an accessible living and learning environment which values inclusion, safety, engagement and excellence. Reporting to the Manager Residential Education, this position provides a range of support, advice and coordination in relation to Residential Education initiatives and programs.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate within the Academic Excellence portfolio will be responsible for:
- Design and delivery the annual Academic Mentoring Programs
- Collaborate with, fellow Residential Educational Coordinators for the annual review, design and delivery of Academic programs, activities and events. These programs will include topics such as, supporting and servicing students at academic risk, English language support, SWOT-Vac and Exam support and Celbratory and network functions.
- Monitor the progress of academic programming for Bundoora and Bendigo through regular communication, reporting and evaluations
- Monitor and report on residential students' academic performance and initiate support services for students at risk
Other portfolio responsibilities include -
- Work closely with student leaders and Accommodation Services colleagues to develop, implement and maintain community engagement initiatives and programs targeted specifically to the needs of residential students.
- Building and maintaining a range of effective relationships amongst students and LTU staff in order to be informed of student concerns and to coordinate services and assistance for residential students with those offered elsewhere in the University.
- Cross over to other residential education portfolios with flexibility as required.
To succeed, you will possess-
- Completion of a degree with a range of experience and relevant work experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated experience in dealing effectively and empathically with young adults, building strong social interaction with others of different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, and be accepting of diversity and individual differences
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with an ability to respond calmly and appropriately in a crisis or emergency situation
- Ability to work flexibly in a team environment, establish priorities, manage multiple projects and independently meet deadlines.
- Capacity to identify, assess, prioritise and control the risks to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors and to the environment arising from residential activities.
- Excellent computing skills, with experience in the use of Word, Excel, and information management systems.
- A Social Work, Psychology or Counselling undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- Demonstrated experience in the tertiary sector or related field
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing date: Tuesday 6th December 2016
Position Enquiries: Adam Campbell, TEL: (03) 9479 5102 or
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please scroll down and click apply now.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.