Research Officer in Medicine
School of Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care
Centre for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health
- 12 months appointment (extension of appointment depending on funding)
- Level 5/6
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Centre for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health was established in 1996 in order to improve the recruitment of Aboriginal studentd into medical and dental courses and develop collaborative research projects.
Make a difference to the well-being of older Aboriginal Australians.
We are looking for an Aboriginal person with an undergraduate degree to join our University of WA research team as a Perth-based research officer, on a 3 year project that has the potential to improve the well-being of older Aboriginal Australians.
We have been funded to Develop and validate a culturally based quality of life tool for Aboriginal Elders. This tool will enable health and aged care service providers to assess and improve the well-being of older Aboriginal people.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Very good communication and written skills.
- You will have a health related or other relevant undergraduate degree.
- The successful applicant will be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. This position is being advertised under Section 50d of the WA Equal Opportunity Act. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification for this position.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
- Work closely with the Perth Aboriginal community and other stakeholders;
- Gain experience on quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Become involved in a National Health Priority Research Area;
- Have the opportunity to complete a postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD) on this work
Closing date: Wednesday 30 November 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
This position is being advertised under Section 50d of the WA Equal Opportunity Act. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification for this position.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.