LEAP School and Community Engagement Manager
- A challenging career opportunity to work within an energetic project team
- Utilise your strong team management and stakeholder skills
- Full-time, fixed term until 31 December 2017.
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female Vice-Chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
The Widening Participation Unit at Macquarie runs a broad range of LEAP (Learning, Education, Aspiration, Participation) programs working with students of various ages towards goals beyond their school years. They achieve this through activities such as mentoring students from refugee backgrounds, exploring a series of topics with rural and remote students via video conferencing, taking Macquarie University academics into schools to run interactive sessions for students across a range of year groups, and much more. LEAP Program participants come from diverse backgrounds traditionally defined as disadvantaged, including students from low socio-economic (low SES) background, rural and remote students, refugee students, women in non-traditional areas of study, and mature age students who do not enter university directly after completing school.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manager with excellent team management and problem solving skills to be part of the Macquarie University's Widening Participation Project Team. Reporting to the Director, Widening Participation Unit, you will lead a project team to develop, implement and evaluate LEAP School and Community Engagement Programs, with particular focus on engaging with students in regional and remote areas, and students from refugee backgrounds.
You will be results-orientated and an innovative thinker who enjoys a challenge.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Degree in education or related discipline and substantial relevant experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of the educational needs of students from disadvantaged backgrounds, in particular from regional and remote areas, and from refugee backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a high performing team to successfully achieve set outcomes against objectives;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including people from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in writing curriculum documents to link outcomes and objectives to key areas required for student development;
- Experience in developing and implementing school and community engagement programs;
- Experience in managing complex projects, including budgets;
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills;
- Understanding of the diversity of pathways to higher education and Federal Government's Widening Participation agenda;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
For further information, please view the position description below.
Working with Children Check Clearance
Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a Working with Children Check Clearance
Salary Package: From $ 96,328 to $ 107,186 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term until 31 December 2017
Enquiries: Ruth Tregale, Director, Widening Participation Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 4 December 2016 at 11:55pm.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.