HDR Progress and Examinations Advisor
- Opportunity to join the La Trobe Graduate Research School
- Fixed-term 12 months, Part-time FTE 0.5 role (flexible work arrangements considered) located at Bendigo or Bundoora campus
- $61,428 - $69,175 per annum pro-rated plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Graduate Research School (GRS) was launched in 2015 to work with colleges, the University library, the La Trobe International division, and other partners to develop the following but not limited to - a world-class graduate research experience, a compelling narrative to attract the best higher degree research candidates; and timely, tailored support for supervisors and a coordinated and university-wide administration.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly organised HDR Progress and Examinations Advisor to deliver administrative services and advice to local and international HDR candidates. You will be responsible for:
- Administering the end-to-end processing of HDR candidates examination processes
- Engaging and liaising on all matters relating to the HDR examination process and providing expert advice to academic staff, HDR examiners and candidates on HDR examination
- Contributing to the implementation and development of new systems and reporting processes relating to HDR examination
- Assisting as required in the tracking and management of progress reporting.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated prioritization and time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of quality and timely service
- Demonstrated flexibility and capacity to develop and work with new processes
- Ability to establish and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders and
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team in a very busy and dynamic environment.
- If based in Bendigo, ability to work at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus as required.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 5 December 2016
Position Enquiries: Dr Clare McCausland, Manager, Graduate Research School +61 3 9479 3892
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.