MQ Health incorporates Macquarie University Hospital, Australia's first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital located on a University campus; the University's newly created Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; and Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA), a corporate entity created to engage clinicians in the tripartite scholarship of academic clinical practice, teaching and learning, and research and to deliver clinical services.
MQ Health builds on our aspiration to create integrated approaches to patient care, discovery and workforce preparation that are already well established within the United States, Europe and Asia. It will bring together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
MUCA within MQ Health is seeking a casual Exercise Physiologist/ Physiotherapist to provide exercise physiology services within several multidisciplinary integrated clinics. The clinics aim to provide a patient-centric care model that integrates primary care, allied health and specialist care in a disease or population specific model. The successful candidate will be available for 2-4 hours a week on Wednesday afternoons and Thursday evenings, with the potential to increase hours depending on patient demand, and will contribute to services such as Men's Health, Healthy Weight and other multidisciplinary clinics.
For further details on the position, please click here to view the position description.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your cv and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Tertiary qualifications as an exercise physiologist and/or physiotherapist.
- Accreditation with Exercise and Sports Science Australia as an exercise physiologist (AEP) and/or registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia/Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA) as a physiotherapist.
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider number for exercise physiology and/or physiotherapy services.
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build rapport and empathise with patients.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of exercise physiology services to patients presenting with chronic and complex disease conditions.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of research relating to exercise physiology and exercise/physical activity programs, including in relation to screening, assessment and prescription.
- Commitment to uphold and be a steward of the Mission, Vision and Values of MQ Health.
Note: This position requires a Working with Children Check Clearances for NSW and criminal record check. Qualification checks may also be required. This position requires you to comply with screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with NSW Health policy.
Salary Package: $39.18 p/hr base salary plus 9.5% employer's superannuation.
Appointment Type: Casual
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Andrew Hirschhorn, Clinical Director, Physiotherapy on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm Sunday, 11th December 2016
Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.