Student Recruitment Officer
Do you have accomplished sales or account management skills?
Would you consider a move to the Higher Education sector?
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual with sales and relationship management skills to represent the University of Tasmania across the state. You will believe that education can transform lives and will proudly engage with prospective students through inbound enquiry, school presentations, on campus events and also at Interstate expo's as well as connecting with industry to maximise potential opportunity. You will be comfortable communicating with individuals of all demographics and have the ability to help individuals overcome barriers to education. A great opportunity for the right candidate to apply their skills and knowledge to connect prospective students to a world class University.
In the role you will:
- Under the broad direction of the Student Recruitment Manager, and in alignment with University strategic priorities and performance targets, implement recruitment and sales strategies for engaging prospective students in new and existing domestic markets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students in school leaver and non-school leaver (mature age) markets, and their key influencers (e.g. Parents, Careers Advisors, etc.) through a range of activities including (but not limited to) individual one-to-one interviews, group presentations, inbound and outbound phone calls and electronic mail to convert enquiries to applications and enrolments.
- Contribute to the development of recruitment strategies and content development of promotional materials as needed and in compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks and responsibilities including the Competition and Consumer and ESOS Acts. This includes assisting with the development of promotional literature, videos, websites and power point presentations.
- Play a lead role in staffing key internal and external University events (including the University's annual Open Day, Information evenings, Change of Preference activities, School Careers Expos, etc.).
- Provide regular reports and recommendations to senior management on the effectiveness of various activities to advise future planning. This includes preparation of reports including but not limited to, data on enquiry management, interstate and intrastate load, and ensuring the appropriate dissemination
You will be employed on a full-time ongoing basis/ job share arrangement may be considered.
To be considered, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in sales, marketing, management or relevant field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in individual, solution selling in a customer-oriented environment with demonstrated initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- The ability to contribute to the development of strategies, activities, programs and evaluation methodologies
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and computer-based administrative systems, records management and database applications and a familiarity with the use of a range of technologies and audio-visual equipment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to confidently present to executives and influence outcomes at all levels of organisations, and liaise with people of various skills, experience and background to achieve win-win outcomes.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to
$94,544 comprising base salary within the range of $73,913 to $ 80,807 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Rory Wilson, Student Recruitment Manager, Rory.Wilson@utas.edu.au / (03) 6226 1912.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
**You will require a valid Working with Children Registration to commence in this role.
Applications close Monday, 5 December 2016.