Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Science Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
As part of a strategic program of expansion, the faculty will be offering a new Master of Science degree in 2017. This multi-discipline program is focused on building skills in entrepreneurship, leadership and innovation as they apply to a range of scientific fields, supported by advanced technologies. This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced industry practitioner to shape and support the delivery of an inventive degree.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Quality and Standards, the successful candidate will:
- Strive for excellence in teaching and convene and tutor Masters level and later year undergraduate units
- Utilise and build on industry experience and networks in science and technology and innovation or entrepreneurship
- Continually make quality contributions to the research and scholarly activities of the faculty
- Support their research through attracting funding from diverse funding sources
- Proactively build research collaborations, both internal and external
- Contribute to the full range of academic activities
More information about the faculty and degree can be found here.
Essential Selection Criteria:
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process:
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry and biomolecular Sciences, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Information Technology or Statistics) or substantial progress toward a PhD or equivalent experience in research and development or innovation
- Solid networks and/or industry exposure in innovation or research and development in science and technology
- Experience in scholarly teaching activities including the ability to effectively convene academic units/courses
- Evidence of research activity in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated potential to attract external funds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to build collaborations within and outside a university department
- A track record of contribution to administration in a University or professional setting.
Additional Criteria at Level B:
- Evidence of high quality continuing research including a demonstrated track record in quality publications
- Demonstrated ability to attract research funding
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and with other members of the University
Salary and Level will be subject to qualifications and experience.
Appointment Type: Full-time, 3 year fixed term contract commencing in January 2017.
Salary Package: from $68,324 to $92,000 p.a (Level A) or from $96,970 to $114,732 p.a (Level B) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Applications Close: Sunday 11 December 2016 at 11:55pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Chemistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney