Communications and Media Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
The Office of Marketing and Communications forms part of the Division of the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for providing central Marketing, Communication and University Web Management Services.
The Media and Communications Officer works with the Corporate Communications Manager, on media relations within the Tasmanian, national and international community, assisting in processing and documenting all media activity relating to the University.
In the role you will:
- Primary responsibility for the development and delivery of the media and communications strategy for the North-West region, assuring the strategy falls in line with existing University policy and the regional strategic direction.
- Manage media relations, including the preparation and distribution of media releases and feature stories, liaising with senior management as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact for all media enquiries and monitor the media environment for issues relating to the Cradle Coast campus, in the North West and its activities.
- Prepare a range of written documentation including promotional materials, articles, reports and briefing materials in conjunction with academic, research and professional staff.
- Fostering effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and providing relevant communications and media support and information, to achieve the desired outcomes in a positive, client-focused environment.
You will be employed on a fixed-term full-time basis, ending 21 December 2018.
To be considered, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Communications/Journalism/Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a communications, journalism and/or public relations position.
- Demonstrated high standard of written and verbal communication skills across a variety of mediums, and the ability to respond efficiently to requests for briefings within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and work autonomously using initiative and discretion when required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, liaise, negotiate and work positively in a team environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $88484 comprising base salary within the range of $73,913 to $ 80,807 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Ben Wild, Manager, Corporate Communication, Ben.Wild@utas.edu.au / 03 6324 3218.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday, 5 December 2016.