- Part Time
A great part-time opportunity is currently available within our Asset Management Services (AMS) team, to be located at our Fraser Coast Campus in Hervey Bay.
Asset Management Services (AMS) is responsible for maintaining the University’s assets and providing access to high quality facilities for students, staff and the community, across multiple campuses and study nodes.
The Operations and Client Services team has responsibility for client-focused services in the areas of: frontline enquiry management, managing the University switchboard, coordination of staff relocations, contract management of grounds maintenance, cleaning and waste, parking and fleet management.
Under general direction, the Operations Assistant will support the operational functions of AMS through the provision of administrative and support duties that contribute to the effective operations of the work unit. The Operations Assistant will undertake building maintenance, minor repairs, and janitorial services, and provide other services as required.
- Provide support through maintaining existing building services with general maintenance of buildings and structures on campus
- Manage main storeroom and accept deliveries on behalf of the campus. Provide internal deliveries, as required
- Undertake minor repairs to furniture, fittings and equipment
- Provide ongoing support of programmed maintenance schedule for buildings and fixtures, and ongoing maintenance and recording of University assets
- Provide quality janitorial services to University clients, both external and internal, including preparation for events, and assisting in minor relocations when required, and litter collection within campus perimeter
- Undertake assembly of various furniture items, including electronic goods such as whiteboards, television monitors and projectors
- Maintain cleanliness of campus vehicle(s)
- Provide services for issuing of keys and access/ID cards, overseeing the sign-in and induction of contractors, and maintaining a professional client oriented service, as required
- Provide reception services for contractors and ensure sign-in and security access protocols are in place before contractors commence work
- Assist in responding to email queries and complaints, and monitor in-house systems used for general maintenance and repairs
- Assist the Client Services and Operations Officer in day-to-day activities associated with vehicle hire bookings and mail dispatch
- Deliver copy paper to the various printers located across the campus in accordance with established schedule
- Other duties within the range of skills normally associated with a position of this classification in an evolving environment as directed by the Client Services and Operations Officer
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to Year 12 standard, combined with experience in janitorial services, and/or grounds maintenance
- A commitment to the importance of quality client service and an ability to respond promptly and courteously to a range of written and verbal enquiries, requests and tasks
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with team members while also having the capacity to work with limited supervision
- The ability to plan and organise duties effectively and efficiently to meet service requirements, including the ability to maintain records
- The ability to understand the work environment of a large organisation, along with an awareness of the need for security in relation to building, access and property
- The possession of a current and clear Queensland Class C Driver’s License
- Basic knowledge of the functionalities of personal computers and email for use in an everyday work environment
- An awareness of appropriate manual lifting techniques and a broad appreciation of Workplace Health and Safety legislation and how it relates to the University workplace
Note: After hours and weekend work may be required for Campus events and planned/reactive works