Director of Finance
- Lead and inspire a division of finance professionals
- Create and implement – opportunity to build a legacy within new University structure
- 3 year appointment
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight Australian research-intensive Australian universities and ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Director of Finance has overall accountability for ensuring the provision of financial management, investment and accounting of University revenue, expenditure and assets to comply with legislation, commonwealth and state government reporting requirements and professional accounting standards. The position reports to the Executive Director Corporate Services, and leads the Finance team, total 100 FTE, to deliver outstanding service and fulfil their financial responsibilities.
- Provides leadership to the Finance team at the University including managing relationships with key stakeholders and ensuring high standards of service delivery within the University.
- Leads and investigates the development, implementation and continuous improvement of financial plans, strategies, policies and processes to ensure effective and efficient financial management and accounting.
- Leads the development and review of financial management systems, policies and procedures to support the highest standards of financial accountability and transparency across all areas of the university.
- Evaluates the financial management performance of the university against all strategic plans and provides financial forecasts and recommends strategies or implements improvement actions as required.
A demonstrated history of leading and inspiring finance teams within medium to large organisations, you'll have developed and coached your leadership team to deliver outstanding fiscal results. Key to success will be a background in building and implementing organisation wide budgetary models and robust reporting and quality control frameworks. Experience building a culture of service orientation as well as innovation would be highly regarded.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button. Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 315159.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.