Working Title GIS Analyst - Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201600904AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range $55,000 - $59,000 Desired Start Date 12/01/2016 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 11/27/2016 Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is the consolidation of McGuire Air Force Base, Fort Dix Army Base, and Naval Air Engineering Station Lakehurst. The merge was one of twelve recommended by congress in 2005. The base sits south east of Trenton and includes portions of eight different municipalities: Wrightstown, New Hanover, North Hanover, Pemberton, Springfield, Jackson, Manchester, and Plumsted. The New Jersey coastline is within 20 miles from the area and has some of the most beautiful white beaches that include scenic views of barrier reefs, historic lighthouses, and quaint fishing villages.
A Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst (Research Associate II Special)
position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military
Lands (CEMML). The duty location is Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, and the position also serves Cape Cod Air Force Station, MA, Hanscom Air Force Base, MA, New Boston Air Force Station, NH, and Rome Laboratory, NY. This position will require occasional travel, up to a week in duration, to supported Air Force Bases.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Relocation expenses are not available for this position.
Required Job Qualifications
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree(s) in computer science, information technology, geographic information systems, geography, or environmental science, or related fields and three years demonstrated work experience (not including coursework) is required.
- He or she must have demonstrated work experience applying spatial data standards and maintaining metadata.
- The successful applicant shall demonstrate experience in all of the following: environmental-related GIS, Esri’s ArcGIS software, cartography, and data development and maintenance.
- Other required qualifications are the ability to work independently, take initiative to resolve issues, and demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- He or she must be able to pass the DoD background check for a Common Access Card (CAC).
- The applicant must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license by the employment start date.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Candidate must be able to comply with all applicable regulations to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC). Furthermore, candidates are required at a minimum to complete a NACI/SF85 and successfully pass a federal background check to remain eligible for employment by CSU. No Foreign nationals shall be employed without prior approval of the Government.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Desired qualifications include experience working in a highly structured organization and demonstrated knowledge of military instructions, directives, guidance, and environmental regulations and processes.
- Demonstrated work experience with the following: U.S. Air Force GeoBase program, Spatial Data Standards for Facility, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), and International Organization Standardization (ISO) or Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) metadata standards is preferred. Existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is highly desired.
- Candidates with existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) are preferred, as an existing NACI will qualify the successful candidate to “process-in” for work at a government facility; work on a computer; gain access to designated government buildings and to get a Common Access Card (CAC).
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Database Management Duty/Responsibility
The GIS Analyst will coordinate and manage the standardization of U.S. Air Force base environmental spatial data of four U.S. Air Force Bases. The successful candidate will work independently with remote supervision and be responsible for multiple installations’ environmental spatial data.
Percentage Of Time 50% Job Duty Category Data Analysis Duty/Responsibility
The successful candidate will be responsible for collection and evaluation of existing spatial data in various environmental programs at bases within their area of responsibility. The associate must ensure spatial data meets standard metadata and attribute requirements, as well as prepare documents including but not limited to spatial data gap analysis and quality assurance reports.
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Data Collection and Reporting Duty/Responsibility
Perform field data collection using GPS, rectify aerial photography, digitize features from imagery, and utilize environmental reports for data development.
Percentage Of Time 5% Job Duty Category Consultation Duty/Responsibility
He or she will provide GIS support as needed to environmental programs managers within their area of responsibility.
Percentage Of Time 15% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prospective candidates should apply online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/38698 . Apply no later than November 27th, 2016 for full consideration. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be hired. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (1 to 2 page letter addressing each minimum and desirable qualification described in the announcement including examples of ability to work independently)
3) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
4) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded)
5) Three professional references, including at least one supervisor (will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License, Special Requirements/Other - • Relocation expenses are NOT available for this position. Search Contact Jacie Ullrich firstname.lastname@example.org EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested Maximum Requested Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please affirm your knowledge that this position is located at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey.
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, geographic information systems, geography, or environmental science, or related fields?
- * Do you have three or more years related work experience?
- * Do you have experience with Spatial Data Standardization?
- * Do you have experience Maintaining Metadata?
- * Do you have experience with Environmental GIS?
- * Do you have experience with ArcGIS?
- * Do you have experience with Cartography?
- * Do you have experience Maintaining Data?
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Resume or CV
- Official Transcripts