ECRC Ranch Operations Coordinator
6 days left
- Full Time
Working Title ECRC Ranch Operations Coordinator Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201600885AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work Hours/Week 0 Proposed Annual Salary Range 28284 Desired Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 12/04/2016 Description of Work Unit
CSU’s Department of Animal Sciences’ Eastern Colorado Research Center, located in Akron, Colorado, is a ranch consisting of 3,760 acres which was purchased by Colorado State University in 1952. The present facilities consist of more than 35 fenced pastures of native and seeded rangeland, 22 feedlot pens with 640 feet of bunkspace, enclosed working facilities with chute and scales for working and weighing the livestock. The Eastern Colorado Research Center is located midway between Akron and Sterling and is part of a network of 8 research centers (9 sites) overseen by the College of Agricultural Sciences throughout the state.
The Department of Animal Sciences has the unique mission of serving Colorado’s large and diverse livestock industries. Research, teaching and extension outreach activities in the Department of Animal Sciences focus on developing industry leaders and improving profitable production of horses and food animals through the application of science and technology, resource management and food product enhancement, with emphasis on addressing societal issues concerning food safety, product quality and value, animal care and management, and environmental impacts of animal agriculture.
Ranch office operations, including accounting, research data and record maintenance, office management and maintenance, and HR liaison for new hires paperwork and hourly timesheet verification/submission with payroll.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or highly relevant field OR
• Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years job relevant specialized experience/training/ certifications OR
• Associate’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or highly relevant field plus two (2) years job relevant specialized experience/training/certifications OR
• Associate’s degree plus four (4) years job relevant specialized experience/training/ certifications OR
• Six years job-relevant specialized experience/training/certifications
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
• Experience using MS Office Suite (specifically email, word, Excel)
• Ability to learn specialized applications quickly
• Familiarity with livestock operations
• Experience interpreting and applying practices, policies, regulations or other guidelines
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Accounting Duty/Responsibility
Ensure compliance with and proper accounting of research funds from AES, external agencies and/or private customers. Maintain accounting records. Develop and monitor budgets and prepare financial reports. Specific duties include:
• Track transactions/costs and enter into each owner’s invoice specific data such as;
- processing records and numbers
- veterinary/doctor expenses and records
- end-feeding gains and final results
• Process payments and deposits
• Initiate P-Card purchases with related justification and receipt documentation; and
• Track and report vehicle mileage.
Percentage Of Time 50 Job Duty Category Research Data and Record Maintenance Duty/Responsibility
Create, update, and monitor project record-keeping data systems. Compile data and prepare reports. Determine best method to efficiently and effectively gather, input, and maintain cattle data. Data includes: calving; breeding (who bred, bull, pregnancy check results), and breeding percentages.
Utilizing Cattlemax-input above data and maintain records (and related invoices) by:
- Tracking numbers and class of cattle in each pasture;
- Tracking feedlot numbers: cattle coming in/out and deaths;
- Sorting weight files and combining into a spreadsheet for each owner to track rate of gain; and
- Developing new forms to record data as needed.
Percentage Of Time 35 Job Duty Category Office Administration Duty/Responsibility
Provide administrative support to Manager. Identify and procure project equipment and supplies. Establish and maintain inventory systems. Maintain organized and clean office space.
Percentage Of Time 10 Job Duty Category HR Liaison Duty/Responsibility
Manage project human resources functions: Responsible for new hire paperwork and hourly bi-weekly timesheet verification/submission for payroll.
Percentage Of Time 5 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Updated full consideration date from 11/13/16 to 12/4/16.
Please upload the following application materials by our full consideration deadline of 11:50 PM (MST):
1) Cover letter addressing both required and desired qualifications; (2) Resume and (3) Contact information of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates. (4) To document education/training/certifications, please upload relevant materials under “Unofficial transcripts”.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License Search Contact Doug Couch 970-345-6402 EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested Maximum Requested Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts