Full-Stack Web Developer
Working Title Full-Stack Web Developer Research Professional Position No Posting Number 201600818AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies 1 Work Hours/Week 40/week Proposed Annual Salary Range $70,000 to $85,000, depending on experience Desired Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 10/31/2016 Description of Work Unit
CSU Online, Division of Continuing Education, is a self-supporting unit that develops and delivers quality programs and educational opportunities in support of the University’s land grant mission. CSU Online provides affordable access to a quality education from wherever students call home around the nation and the world, on a schedule that fits their lives. CSU Online offers 39 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as credit and noncredit courses, certificate programs, and digital badges.
CSU Online, under the Division of Continuing Education (DCE), seeks a front-end web developer with full-stack experience. This position plays a key role planning, developing, and maintaining websites, applications, and middleware solutions throughout the organization. The right candidate will contribute to a dynamic environment and work closely with other members of the Research & Analytics team, which includes database engineers, web and applications developers, instructional designers, and learning analysts, to develop cutting-edge solutions for web applications, Learning Technology Interoperability (LTI) applications for Canvas, academic and learning analytics, and digital reporting tools.
The successful candidate will apply his/her Web-development expertise to support, both directly and indirectly, staff, faculty and students, to advance the Division’s business operations and strategies, as part of delivering quality education at a distance. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, the successful candidate is expected to advance CSU commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This Web Developer position reports to the Lead Web Developer and is part of the Research & Analytics unit of the Division of Continuing Education (DCE), with the Office of Engagement at Colorado State University. This position will work collaboratively within the Web team to improve DCE’s web site and carry out and support operations.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s from an accredited university;
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience with front- and back-end web development, covering the following core skills:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, and the .NET framework;
- Object-oriented design and development patterns;
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle and best practices, including version control;
- Database design and SQL best practices (e.g., SQL Server);
- In-depth knowledge of web standards, usability, and accessibility;
- Understanding of basic web design principles;
- Ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a closely-related technical field.
- Experience with:
- Git (you should be able to rebase and merge with confidence);
- CSS preprocessors (e.g., Sass);
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs;
- Google’s suite of web analytics and optimization tools (e.g., Google Tag Manager, Universal Analytics, etc.);
- Developing cross-browser solutions with responsive/adaptive web techniques;
- Microsoft Entity Framework or other ORM tool; and,
- Content management systems (e.g., Sitefinity).
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Software Development Duty/Responsibility
- Develop and implement high-quality software solutions on both the front- and back-end;
- Develop innovative middleware solutions;
- Build new capabilities and features for the content management system;
- Write unit tests and take part in code reviews as part of the software development life-cycle;
- Implement A/B and multi-variant testing capabilities to assist the CSU Online Marketing Team in increasing conversions;
- Collaborate with other departmental teams to create web solutions that support and improve business operations;
- Implement and improve capabilities to track and evaluate user behavior; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 80% Job Duty Category Internal Support Duty/Responsibility
- Take ownership of issues and enhancements throughout the infrastructure; and,
- Provide friendly, timely first-tier support to partnering business units regarding web coding and application tickets.
Percentage Of Time 15% Job Duty Category Development Operations (DevOps) Duty/Responsibility
- Deploy, update, and manage development environment configurations, in collaboration with the System Administrator (s).
Percentage Of Time 5% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
References will not be contacted without the prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires) Search Contact Dave Johson at email@example.com, (970) 491-4073 EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 5 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s from an accredited university?
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter