Business Operations and Human Resources Program Assistant
Working Title Business Operations and Human Resources Classification Title Program Assistant I Position Type State Classified Open Date 11/18/2016 Close Date 11/28/2016 Salary $3,722 - $4,574 monthly + FULL BENEFITS Full/Part Time Full-time State Classified Hourly No Overtime Eligible Position Location Fort Collins, CO 80523 Description of Work Unit
The mission of the Career Center is to educate students on career, to develop relationships with employers, and to connect students and employers through a variety of programs and services. Ascend is an initiative to engage entities – such as private corporations, nonprofit organizations, and government entities – to utilize CSU’s expertise in training, corporate wellness, professional development, entertainment, consulting, retreats, recruiting, networking, and more.
The Business Operations and Human Resources position is an individual contributor to the Career Center and Ascend who advises and assists the Executive Director and staff In Implementing budgetary policies and financial procedures and in interpreting and applying knowledge of CSU human resources rules, regulations, and policies. This position exists to manage and support personnel and payroll processes for the Career Center and Ascend and is responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of Kuali and Foundation accounts. Serves as fiscal officer for the Career Center and Ascend; manages all incoming receipts from cash, checks, and credit card transactions; manages all expenditures through PCARD reallocation, Kuali documents, purchase requisitions, and travel. The position establishes office practices which preserve documentation and records retention. Position provides monthly budget tracking spreadsheets and reports as requested by Executive Director , manages year-end close and budget construction, and assists with budget forecasting for department.
Four years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which included one year of experience assisting with accounting, budget, and human resources responsibilities.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Demonstrated experience providing Executive-level support (ie: scheduling, meeting notes, special projects, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience managing calendars (Outlook).
- Ability to use MS Office proficiently (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Human Resources Duty/Responsibility
- Manage personnel and payroll processes which include providing guidance and advice to staff on all human resources activities.
- Responsible for EO/AA and background check compliance and documentation.
- Gather and verify employment documents for all hires.
- Maintain current knowledge of CSU HR procedures and requirements for initiating and maintaining employment status (including all HRIS – Oracle entries, Family Medical Leave Notice/Designation, labor redistributions, supplemental pay, leave without pay, sick and annual leave accruals/usage, etc.).
- Serve as committee support for all department searches, as an Initiator and Applicant Manager within the Talent Management System (TMS).
- Serve as departmental designated person for Workers’ Compensation purposes.
- Serve as a Resource Coordinator for CSU Central Exchange Services.
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Fiscal Officer and Accounting Duty/Responsibility
Serve as fiscal officer for department by performing the following:
- Process office receipts by depositing, coding, and recording all incoming revenue from cash, check, credit card, and transfer transactions.
- Manage office expenditures through PCARD reallocations, Kuali documents, and purchase requisitions.
- Maintain documentation according to University records retention policy.
- Assist with invoicing of clients and tracking of Quickbooks for Ascend Program.
- Remain current on University travel guidelines, facilitate travel vouchers, initiate travel authorizations, and reimbursements, ensuring ad hocs to approvers and supervisors.
- Process moving allowances.
- Act as liaison to Telecomm, Verizon Wireless, and RamCopy.
- Review and reconcile monthly Vista Plus reports.
Percentage Of Time 40% Job Duty Category Budget Coordination Duty/Responsibility
- Prepare budget actuals and assist with forecasting budget revenues and expenses for next fiscal year.
- Project staff salary and benefits based on assumptions.
- Prepare calculations for salary exercise
- Calculate full-time equivalent (FTE).
- Monitor year-end financial activity and deadline schedule.
- Responsible for budget construction for department.
- Attend meetings with representatives from Student Fee Review Board.
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category Foundation Gift Accounts Duty/Responsibility
- Monitor CSU Foundation fund accounts and corresponding 6-4 spend accounts to ensure gifts are deposited into appropriate accounts and expenses charged to corresponding spend accounts.
- Support Executive Director’s fundraising efforts and initiatives (ie: Corporate Partner Program, Interview Attire Fund, Industry Tours, and Ascend Elevating Non-Profit Initiative).
Percentage Of Time 5% Job Duty Category Miscellaneous Regular Duties Duty/Responsibility
- Recording and distributing minutes for weekly Career Center staff and leadership team meetings.
- Schedule individual appointments, group meetings, and phone conferences for the Executive Director.
- Participate in special projects or groups as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 5% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which often requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check in your Junk and Deleted folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the “Help” link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office at the main phone line: 970-491-MyHR (6947).
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires) EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- * Describe your experience providing oversight of a department/company budget. Your response should include  budget amount,  software tools you used to obtain financial data and reconcile accounts,  type of expenditures (i.e. salary, equipment, travel etc.), and  level of authority in approving purchases, providing analysis, and forecasting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide a specific example of a time when you anticipated the needs of a manager, director, or team when managing calendars, trainings, meetings, interviews, lodging, and/or travel arrangements. What were the circumstances, what was the outcome, and what would the consequences have been if you had not pro-actively addressed these needs?
(Open Ended Question)
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Veteran DD214 Form (Member-4) (For State Classified searches ONLY)