Working Title Director, CSU System Regional Engagement Hub (Southern Front Range) Research Professional Position No Posting Number 201600909AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies 1 Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range Salary range will start at $60,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Desired Start Date 01/03/2017 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 12/07/2016 Description of Work Unit
The CSU System Regional Engagement Professional is part of the Vice President Office of Engagement at CSU Fort Collins, which collaborates with people and communities to create partnerships and shared solutions through education, research, and leadership. Office of Engagement units and programs include CSU Extension, CSU Online, and the Colorado Water Institute.
The Southern Front Range Regional Engagement Director is a full-time, 12-month position based in Castle Rock, Colorado. The Director reports to the Associate Vice President for Engagement at CSU Fort Collins. The Director will serve as representative and ambassador of the CSU System in the Douglas County community, working in close collaboration with community partners including (but not limited to) Arapahoe Community College, Castle Rock Economic Partnership (Town of Castle Rock, Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, Castle Rock Economic Development Corporation and Castle Rock Downtown Alliance), Douglas County School System, and Douglas County Libraries.
The Director must be comfortable taking initiative, and be committed to community and connecting CSU to Coloradans and Coloradans to CSU. The Director should have a high level of previous community engagement, seek opportunities to facilitate the formation of collaborations related to community, workforce or economic development, and encourage creative solutions using the expertise of CSU staff and regional resources.
The Director will become knowledgeable about and promote a portfolio of CSU system programs, and will work across the CSU system to help establish connections, including serving as a liaison on the future CSU System Engagement Advisory Council. The Director will consult with the CSU team and the community regularly and learn continuously to extend information both to the community and to the CSU system.
Success in this position requires the ability to interface and communicate easily across cultures and socio-economic groups, local and state government, high-level professionals, businesses, and Colorado State University faculty and staff. This position requires the ability to prioritize among multiple projects, work under pressure, and handle the unexpected with unflappable professionalism.
The Director performs a variety of complex duties requiring extensive use of independent judgment and discretion. The Director will be responsible and accountable for decisions involving budgets, resources, programming, and partnerships. The Director will also supervise or perform some regular administrative tasks. Flexible scheduling, including occasional evening and/or weekend work, is required.
Required Job Qualifications
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a Liberal Arts, Social Sciences or Human Sciences field; including but not limited to education, communications, planning, social work, public or business administration from an accredited university;
- Two years of demonstrated previous experience in project management, planning, execution, and evaluation;
- Two years of previous work experience in a public-oriented position related to community/economic development or directing a highly entrepreneurial and successful non-profit;
- Knowledge and background in academic systems and education pipeline including higher education, community college, K-12 and lifelong learning
- Demonstrated previous experience working with the political and elected community;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated through previous work experience and opportunities;
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills as demonstrated through previous work experience and opportunities;
- Software proficiency including Microsoft office suite;
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Three or more years of previous work experience in a public-oriented position related to community/economic development or directing a highly entrepreneurial and successful nonprofit;
- Local knowledge and relationships developed from previous experience living and/or working in the Douglas County community and/or the Southern Front Range region of Colorado;
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management systems, whether MS Excel-based, Salesforce or comparable software;
- Ability to use distance-bridging and learning technologies, including online video and social media applications and tools;
- Previous demonstrated experience in managing budgets, programs, and projects;
- Previous experience or training in facilitation (Appreciative Inquiry, Public Deliberation, SDIC);
- Previous demonstrated experience with event planning and management.
- Speaks Spanish.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Collaboration and Project Management Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as representative and ambassador of CSU System in the Douglas County community;
- Collaborate with community partners including (but not limited to) Arapahoe Community College, Castle Rock Economic Partnership (Town of Castle Rock, Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, Castle Rock Economic Development Corporation and Castle Rock Downtown Alliance), Douglas County School System, and Douglas County Libraries, through both internal and external meetings and events.
- Develop, support and manage collaborative projects from concept to reporting outcomes.
- Serve as a regional representative for the statewide CSU system Engagement Advisory Board.
- Distribute knowledge to CSU networks, including other Hub directors, Extension staff, and CSU Fort Collins, Pueblo, and system offices. This includes written outcomes reporting, formal meetings, and informal conversations.
Percentage Of Time 70 Job Duty Category Supervision and Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Responsible for oversight of annual operational/programming budget, including review and approval of purchases;
- Supervise administrative staff;
- Maintain facility and equipment;
- Supervise and coordinate events.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Communications and Publicity Duty/Responsibility
Supervise and/or create and maintain publicity of collaborative regional projects and outcomes, including print, online and social media presence.
Percentage Of Time 10 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting updated: Full consideration date extended from November 20, 2016 to December 7, 2016.
Relocation expenses are not included in offer.
The contact for questions about the position is Paula Mills, Office of Engagement.
Please upload one PDF cover letter (1 page) and one PDF resume. Reference information is collected via the online form submission.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License, Travel, Special Requirements/Other - some weekend/evening work required Search Contact Paula Mills, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-491-3883 EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 3 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter