Widening Participation Administrator
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female Vice-Chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
The Widening Participation Unit at Macquarie runs a broad range of LEAP (Learning, Education, Aspiration, Participation) working with students of various ages towards goals beyond their school years. Their achieve this through activities such as mentoring students from refugee backgrounds, exploring a series of topics with rural and remote students via video conferencing, taking Macquarie University academics into schools to run interactive sessions for students across a range of year groups, and much more. LEAP Program participants come from diverse backgrounds traditionally defined as disadvantaged, including students from low socio-economic (low SES) background, rural and remote students, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, refugee students, women in non-traditional areas of study, and mature age students who do not enter university directly after completing school.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong focus on quality and customer service. The successful candidate will provide administrative coordination and support to the Director of Widening Participation and staff across a range of activities.
You will be a great multi-tasker, have a high level of attention to detail and the desire to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment where you will be part of the delivery of administration support and its continuous improvement.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Experience working in a fast paced administration role, preferably providing direct support to a Head of a function and/or a team of senior managers;
- Experience in developing and implementing administrative process improvements;
- Demonstrated ability to research, evaluate and create reports and documentation;
- Experience in providing support to marketing initiatives, in particular website content management;
- Experience in providing secretarial support including diary management and coordinating meetings and events;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a high volume environment;
- High level interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven capacity to work independently, and also as a member of a team;
- Ability to build and manage relationships with a diverse range of external and internal stakeholders.
For further information, please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $ 77,894 to $ 85,982 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Enquiries: Ruth Tregale, Director, Widening Participation Unit at email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 30 November 2016 at 11:55pm.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.