Associate University Librarian
| REF: 498108 |
- 5 year appointment
- Salary range: Level 10 Grade 4 $150,619 - $162,914 p.a.
- Plus 17 % superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
The University Library is seeking applications from suitably qualified, highly motivated and experienced Library individuals to fill a leadership role in the delivery of excellence in Library service culture and the student experience.
We are seeking applications from leaders with extensive academic library experience, an innovative and flexible approach, and a strong interest in working collaboratively in an academic environment to support the research, teaching and learning needs of the University.
In this role you will be the head of the Library Engagement and Experience section of the University Library, providing a range of services to support staff and students from the four UWA faculties.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Degree qualification and extensive relevant experience
- Eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Extensive management and leadership experience at a senior level and ability to provide training, career progression, succession and development
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- A client focussed approach and experience dealing with a range of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
- High level skills in strategic and operational planning, policy development, resource management and project management
- Ability to deliver efficient, effective and innovative Library services
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a senior management team
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in academic libraries and the higher education sector
Closing date: Monday 5 December 2016
This position is open to international applicants.
Benefits include generous superannuation, excellent leave provisions, salary packaging, a positive and supportive working environment and fares to Perth (if applicable) for appointee and dependants along with a removal allowance.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 108375.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.