Senior Administration Officer, Student Placement
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Student Affairs and Engagement
Reference no. 1961/1116
- Exciting opportunity to oversee and deliver strategic projects
- Located at our Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- Full-time, fixed term 1 year, remuneration package: $94K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The mission of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is to conduct research and teaching across the breadth of the arts and social sciences that makes a difference in the lives of its students, staff and the broader community, both in Australia and globally. The Faculty comprises of five Schools and approximately 40 departments and programs, with over 500 academic staff and over 10,000 students. Its senior executives include the Dean, five Heads of Schools, one Pro-Dean and four Associate Deans. The Senior Administration Officer supports Faculty governance processes and delivers key Faculty services, processes and events.
In consultation with the Head, Student Affairs and Engagement, and Faculty Academic staff, the Senior Administration Officer, Student Placement will manage general administrative activities, engage with University stakeholders to create and develop the Faculty Student Placement website, and provide operational support in the delivery of the Faculty Student Placement Program.
Reporting to the Head, Student Affairs and Engagement, you will:
- manage administrative services and operational support for the Faculty Student Placement Program
- produce a broad range of marketing and promotional materials in print and digital formats in accordance with the university’s brand and style guidelines
- maintain and manage web pages including sourcing and creating website content
- develop effective and supportive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create, build and deliver the Program including activities such as events and seminars, and manage and resolve issues
- provide project management support within a multi-faceted Program of work including developing and implementing plans and initiatives.
To achieve success in this position, you will have:
- demonstrated high level interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build successful long term mutually beneficial relationships with staff, students and members of the public, including corporate and government organisations
- demonstrated capacity to prepare complex correspondence including high level reports, communications and marketing and promotional material in an accurate, effective, and sensitive manner
- advanced level computer and internet skills (Including Microsoft Office suite).Demonstrated experience in developing and updating websites using Content Management Systems software
- sound knowledge and understanding of the higher education sector, with relevant experience at a higher education institution, or comparable commercial or government sector.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11.30pm 4 December 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.